Kermit and Miss Piggy congratulate Will and Kate on royal baby
Miss Piggy and Kermit the frog have teamed up to congratulate the royal couple on their new baby boy.
The Muppet characters are the latest Americans to join in the well-wishing, sending their best wishes from “everyone here in London shooting our new movie”.
Miss Piggy is puffed up with excitement about the new royal baby, like many of her supposedly republican compatriots, while Kermit is more aloof about the news- or at least towards Miss Piggy’s gushing and admitted broodiness.
She tells Kermit: “Kind of makes you want to have your own baby doesn’t it Kermie? Can’t you just hear the little pitter patter of tiny feet?” to which he replies: “Tadpoles don’t have feet” before walking off camera.
Could Kermit be tiring of royal baby crooning like the rest of us?
Recent Posts on Arts
- 2000Trees Festival: Mighty Oaks from Little Acorns Grow
- The Xcerts: ‘Shaking in the Water’ video stream
- Friday Book Design Blog: Series special - Amos Tutuola and Jane Austen
- Interview with Jamie Lenman: “This time, I was 5 years heavier and 5 years more banjo!”
- Children’s Book Blog – books for July: Eric, the Boy Who Lost His Gravity, The Moomins and Tape
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter