Jedward change name to ‘John and Edward- Jedward’
The X Factor runners up will now go by ‘John and Edward- Jedward’ – not so much a total change of name, but a timely reminder that the boys are no longer teenagers.
Their management has called the move a “metamorphosis” as they develop from teenage pop stars into ‘mature artists’.
The re-branding follows their move last year to get rid of their signature over-sized quiffs that won them fame on the ITV talent contest (although they are pictured here last month with quiffs, but maybe not to the same horizontal-defying heights).
As one insider said: “To quote Louis Walsh all that jumping around was starting to look stupid”
Recent Posts on Arts
- Jordan Peak: The Rogue element
- Friday Book Design Blog: 3:AM Press
- Children’s Book Blog: Discovering stories in East London
- Friday Book Design Blog: Leaving The Sea, by Ben Marcus
- Children’s Book Blog – books for April: The Day the Crayons Quit, The Unbelievable Top Secret Diary of Pig and Grasshopper Jungle
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter