Jedward change name to ‘John and Edward- Jedward’
The X Factor runners up will now go by ‘John and Edward- Jedward’ – not so much a total change of name, but a timely reminder that the boys are no longer teenagers.
Their management has called the move a “metamorphosis” as they develop from teenage pop stars into ‘mature artists’.
The re-branding follows their move last year to get rid of their signature over-sized quiffs that won them fame on the ITV talent contest (although they are pictured here last month with quiffs, but maybe not to the same horizontal-defying heights).
As one insider said: “To quote Louis Walsh all that jumping around was starting to look stupid”
Recent Posts on Arts
- Indian rickshaw fetches £100,000 for wild elephants at Prince Charles hosted auction
- Vennart Interview and album stream: ‘This album is more focused on vocals and guitar rather than pounding your head and complex riffs’
- India’s old moderns keep the art auctions buoyant
- Scottish Book Trust: Ask the Illustrator with Debi Gliori
- Dialects: LTKLTL - EP Stream
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter