Smells like student spirit: Homecoming queen asks Nirvana to send in video for campaign
Almost two decades after Kurt Cobain’s death, Nirvana is still news to some.
A homecoming queen candidate from an American university has sent a letter to Nirvana, asking if the band would send a quick video in support of her election campaign.
Nirvana’s label Sub Pop posted an image of the letter to their Tumblr, in which the candidate mistakes the all-male band for a singular “her”.
“It presents great publicity for them, and as Virginia Tech loves Nirvana, we’d love to have her in our video,” the letter states. “They would be one among artists including Big N Rich, Ying Yang Twins, the Cataracs, Slightly Stoopid, and three famous NFL players.”
It is unknown whether the letter is a spoof, or a genuinely intended note asking the remaining members of Nirvana to send in a quick Vine.Dave Grohl, kurt cobain, nirvana
Recent Posts on Arts
- Friday Book Design Blog: Fitzcarraldo Editions
- Children’s books for October: Meg and Mog, The Demon Dentist and The Whispering Skull
- Friday Book Design Blog: Slightly Foxed and Notting Hill Editions
- Good Indian sales at Sotheby’s London but contemporaries’ slump worsens
- Ryoichi Kurokawa: "Digital art is already classical"
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter