While I was away Caitlin Moran advocated a Twitter silence as a protest against people threatening violence on the internet. The Twitter silence was a silly idea, as she admitted (Times, pay wall), but I did agree with her reasons for liking Twitter:
For most people, Twitter is joyous: it’s a little group of friends in your pocket; daily surprises; news from places you’ve never been; an overnight revolution; eyes in the place where tonight’s news will be broadcast from. And people spamming www.nyan.cat.
I have no idea what nyan cat is, but it looks like this.Tagged in: twitter
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter