Top 10 Douglas Adams Quotations
I have a Top 10 Sayings of Douglas Adams in The Independent on Sunday today.
I haven’t included my actual favourite, because it might not make sense to people who drive around the galaxy in their air-conditioned BMWs:
“Life? Don’t talk to me about life.”
Although no 9 is rather similar.
A couple of other fine nominations didn’t make the final selection, but here they are:
“In the Beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move.” The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
As my colleague Rogan Dixon says, “With the universe came the students next door and their ‘doosh’ music until oh-god o’clock in the morning.”
And finally, Andy Ross nominated:
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”
I didn’t know that Adams’s proposal for a radio series was originally called “The Ends of the Earth”. I could almost include that in the forthcoming Top 10 Original Novel Titles. Nominations, or ideas for future Top 10s, in the comments please.
Photograph: Just my little jokeTagged in: douglas adams, top10
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter