Ed the Unready
At this point before the last election, in October 2008, YouGov asked:
Do you believe the Conservatives today are or are not ready for government?
Do you believe the Labour Party today are or are not ready for government?
Similarly, 19 months before the last election, YouGov asked:
Do you believe that at the moment David Cameron does or does not look like a prime minister in waiting?
He does look like a PM in waiting 49%
And they asked the same question about Ed Miliband this month:
Do you believe that at the moment Ed Miliband does or does not look like a prime minister in waiting?
He does look like a PM in waiting 12%
Our ComRes polling last weekend was similarly discouraging for Miliband, although it will be interesting to see if there is much change in his ratings, and Labour’s “ready for government” rating, after this week’s conference.
Picture: General BolesTagged in: opinion polls
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter