“If we’d just stuck a question mark on it none of this would have happened”
Just as I decide to wind up the Questions To Which The Answer Is No series, it secures its greatest triumph.
Matthew Bayley of Sky News reported this morning:
View from Daily Mail newsroom – “If we’d just stuck a question mark after the headline none of this would have happened.”
Hopi Sen asked if the conversation went like this:
Daily Mail sub-editor: “The Levy headline: want question mark on it?”
Dacre: “No! Rentoul will take the mick.”
Well, I can dream, can’t I?
QTWTAIN number 1,001.Tagged in: headline, qtwtain
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter