Norman Geras: 1943-2013
Norman Geras, who died today, was a Marxist Blairite, which almost renders political labels redundant. More than that, though, he was mentor to a group of people, of whom I am proud to be a member, who could be called Gerasites. We learned so much from him about how to argue, and about how the internet could raise the quality and scope of political debate. His blogging was tight, clear and polite.
I’ll miss him.
His daughter Jenny writes: The blog and all its archives will remain online.Tagged in: norman geras
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter