Tony Blair at the Mile End Group
Tony Blair came to talk to the Mile End Group at Queen Mary University of London this morning. It was a seminar about “How Government Works” (as opposed to how academic theory says government works), and the video and transcript are up on the Mile End Group website.
Here he is with Dr Jon Davis, director of the Mile End Group and my co-lecturer on the “New Labour in Government” course, and me.
Blair ranged widely, from his advice to more than 20 governments on how to deliver change (“You come to power as the great persuader. You get into power, you’ve got to become a great chief executive”), to the definition of a Blairite.
An edited version of it will be in The Independent tomorrow.Tagged in: contemporary history, mile end group, tony blair
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter