This is a curious list, but I’m on it, so it must be good. It’s the PeerIndex list of the top 140 influential UK Twitter accounts. I just scrape in at number 134.
The curiosities are that I am categorised as “Entertainment/Journalism”, which I take as a Reithian compliment, and that the list says it excludes “journalists from the main national newspapers”. However, as it includes Caitlin Moran and my good colleague Owen Jones, I am cool with that too.
The top five places are taken by members of a popular musical combination known as One Direction, and many subsequent places are taken by members of their families, girlfriends and tennis partners. I know all about them, because they were the subject of an early Question To Which The Answer Is No (if you scroll down): “One Direction bigger than the Beatles?”
I’d like to thank my mum.Tagged in: me me me, twitter
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter