The Age of Teaspoon
How predictive text rewrote the history of these islands from the Pearly Buttons (Early Britons) to the Age of Teaspoon (Age of Reason). My friend Hugh Kellett has produced a book called Glitzch using the predictive text function on his Android smartphone.
In it, he promises to “tell the tripe, the wholehearted tripe and nothing but the tripe, so hello my god”.
According to the gremlin in his phone, the leaders of the main parties are Avid Cameo, Nuclear Clever, Educational Militant and Novel Damage. Mr Damage’s party comes out as the Ukrainian Indecent Party. Then there is the Skittish Naturist Party and Plain Cynthia.
It is a bit childish and very silly, which is of course the highest compliment.Tagged in: technology, trivia
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter