This parrot’s “retirement has ended”
This is a very big and radical reform so it is important that we look hard to see what it is actually going to mean. There is a reason why there has been an expectation you buy an annuity in our country if you save tax advantage in a pension. That has been there for 80 or 90 years. The question will be will there be proper protections and proper financial education so people don’t make the wrong choices and end up running out of their pension pot well before their retirement ends.
Thanks to Colin Forster.Tagged in: budget, ed balls, pensions
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter