Will Artificial Intelligence put my job at risk?
According to Google’s Ray Kurzweil, in 2045 we will reach what’s known as ‘Singularity’: the point at which artificial intelligence becomes so advanced that it begins to produce new and ever more advanced versions of itself, leaving us mortals behind.
Update: Omer Lev reminds us of this wonderful, related observation about when it will be possible to copy human consciousness.
Picture: HAL 9000, from 2001: A Space OdysseyTagged in: headline, qtwtain, technology
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter