Rents have been rising in real terms according t...
It's getting harder than ever for young adults t...
’68 are a duo from Atlanta, made up of vocalis...
Try this Spanish omelette with greens or a salad and it’s the perfect summer meal
Michelin-starred chef Chris Galvin’s shares the second of three exclusive French recipes for the Independent, try his Piperade with hens egg
Quite hard to keep up with the strangeness of views about Iraq, but let me note three things.
1. The advance of Islamist militia from Syria to Mosul is a disaster. To the extent that it was made possible by the US-led invasion of Iraq 11 years ago, it counts against that decision. But anyone who [...]
Formed in 2008, Cardiff-based four-piece Samoans have been steadily building a dedicated fan base and spreading their own sublime take on progressive rock in anticipation of the release of their debut album Rescue.
Nugget from Jim Pickard in the Financial Times (registration):
Katherine Peacock, head of pollsters ComRes, has carried out focus groups where pictures of Mr Miliband are superimposed on 10 Downing Street. “The general reaction is, ‘that leaves me apprehensive, or even a little scared’ or ‘he doesn’t inspire confidence’,” she says. A common reaction is “they [...]
Disabled? You should become a paralympian! James Moore discusses the attitude of many in the wake of London’s Paralympics – and what it can mean for a disabled individual
* Backs a 50p top rate of tax, but not a mansion tax
* Admits that the merger of Lloyds and HBOS during the financial crisis was a mistake
* Treasury resisted pressure from former Bank of England Governor Mervyn King to put more capital into RBS
* Outlines why he disagrees with the present Governor, Mark Carney, on the desirability of rising debt to GDP levels
Pete Tong is one of the team behind IMS, Ibiza’s annual electronic music conference which has just had its 7th edition. Of course, he is also the main man at Radio 1, a globe-trotting DJ, a producer, label owner and he’s even been handed an MBE by the Queen. Marcus Barnes caught up with him
If I had not wound up my series of Questions To Which The Answer Is No (book still available here), this would be a jewel of the collection:
Is the lake pictured on every iPad secretly CURSED by the ghosts of disabled babies who were thrown into its waters because they wouldn’t survive?
To which the answer [...]
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter