There’s more to hot cocktails than dodgy mulle...
For December I’ve decided to turn the children...
A mixed episode this. In the first half things g...
Our daily collection of links to the best of the web.
A company in one of India’s poorest states is delivering electricity to the rural poor, using only rice husk.
Graham King, OBE and Oscar-winning producer speaks about his new film ‘The Tourist’ which follows an American tourist visiting Venice when a woman deliberately crosses his path to use him as a decoy to track down an old flame.
Aston Villa have been kings of the Midlands in the Premier League era; in 16 of the 18 completed seasons they have finished higher in the table than all their rivals from the region. For season by season detail, see the table below.
League One: Peterborough V Rochdale (Kick off 7.45pm)
Back over 2.5 goals at 8/11
Peterborough have produced fantastic entertainment this season with goals guaranteed. All of their home games have seen at least two goals and a lot many more than that. Fans at London Road have seen a Football League high of 46 goals in nine, [...]
Many thanks this week to the The Go! Team, whose new album ‘Rolling Blackouts’ is out at the end of January. They’ve put together a little playlist for us to get your Christmas party this weekend jumping, or bopping, or whatever it is people do at parties nowadays. There’s even a track-by-track explainer below. Enjoy!
A look at the contrast in personalities between the two participants of UFC 124’s main event.
I don’t write about racism very often; and, fortunately enough, I don’t have to think about it too often. But, every now and again, it demands my attention. It’s funny; there is so much writing on the Internet that I have taken the approach of keeping my counsel unless I think I can add a [...]
Nice line from Tim Bale, historian of the Cameron Conservative Party, in the current Parliamentary Brief, on the Prime Minister’s Euro-pragmatism…
Of the 436 Premier League goals scored this season, 181 have come before half-time (or 42 per cent), leaving a sizeable chunk of 255 goals (58 per cent) in the second half.
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter